The President signed the Executive Order On Certain Measures to Ensure the National Security of the Russian Federation and the Protection of Russian Citizens from Criminal and Other Illegal Actions.
To ensure the national security of the Russian Federation and the protection of Russian citizens from criminal and other illegal action, in accordance with the January 28, 2010 Federal Law On Security, the President decreed:
1. Federal bodies of state power, regional bodies of power of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, local governments, legal entities incorporated under the legislation of the Russian Federation, organisations and individuals under the jurisdiction of the Russian Federation shall proceed in their operation from the fact that Russian airlines are temporarily prohibited from carrying passengers (including commercial flights) from the territory of the Russian Federation to the territory of Georgia.
2. It is recommended that tour operators and travel agents refrain, for the duration of the ban under Paragraph 1 of this Executive Order, from selling package tours that include carrying citizens (including commercial carriage) from the territory of the Russian Federation to the territory of Georgia.
3. The Government of the Russian Federation shall:
Take measures to secure the return of Russian citizens who are temporarily on the territory of Georgia, and their luggage to the Russian Federation;
Provide other measures under its competence for enforcing this Executive Order.
4. The Foreign Ministry of the Russian Federation jointly with other relevant federal executive agencies shall provide coordination of actions with Georgian authorities to resolve issues related to ensure the safety of the citizens of the Russian Federation and their return to the Russian Federation.
5. The Executive Order comes into force on the day of its signing.
via Website of the President of Russia